Look at What Our Students Are Reading!
Posted by STAIR-Annapolis on February 25, 2021
STAIR At Home students work hard to improve their reading skills every day! STAIR's modified reading program was designed to be as flexible as possible, so students and their grown-ups have the opportunity to participate in any way that works best for them.
Some of our students enjoy logging on to our live virtual Book Clubs, where they can read and talk about books with our incredible STAIR At Home volunteers.
Other students exchange letters with their STAIR At Home Pen Pal, cheerfully writing about their favorite vacations, their pets, and books they like to read.
Our STAIR At Home family website is a popular destination for students and their grown-ups to access Guest Reader stories, Tutorial Coach video lessons, and resources to make at-home reading fun.
Many of our students practice their reading skills at home using some of the new books for home libraries they receive in their STAIR At Home packages every month, and they can share what they're reading through our family website!
Here are just a few of the books our STAIR At Home students are reading this month:
- Genesis and Gerardo are reading A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead, illustrated by Erin E. Stead.
- Keyla is reading Elephant & Piggie: My New Friend is So Fun! by Mo Willems.
- Angel, Dominick, and Ian are reading The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats.
- Emily is reading What Will We Build Today by Katherine Durgin-Bruce, illustrated by Mike Byrne, and A Sick Day for Amos McGee.
- John is reading another great Elephant & Piggie book by Mo Willems: I Really Like Slop!
- TreMira is reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.
- Zoey is reading Dyamonde Daniel by Nikki Grimes, illustrated by R. Gregory Christie.
We're so proud of our awesome STAIR At Home readers! Keep up the great work!