A June Reading Challenge
Posted by STAIR-Annapolis on June 2, 2021
Here are some things we love about summertime:
- Sunshine and warm weather.
- Long days at the beach.
- Road trips.
- Ice cream, sno-balls, water ice, and frozen custard.
- Running through sprinklers.
- Backyard BBQs.
- Splashing in the pool.
- Bike rides and playgrounds.
- Bubbles and sidewalk chalk.
- More time to read!
Longer days means lots more time for books, and this month's reading challenge will encourage you to make the most of all those extra hours!
Our friends at Anne Arundel County Public Library are once again hosting an awesome summer reading challenge. The theme of this year's event is Tails and Tales, and we couldn't be more excited for all the great events the library has planned for readers of all ages.
Here's how it works:
- Visit your local AACPL branch or register for Summer @ Your Library 2021 online. It's easy!
- Set your personal summer reading goal.
- Use the Beanstack Tracker app (it's free!) to record your daily reading log and keep track of your challenge activities.
- Earn prizes! For reading!
Your local library has everything you need to get started on a summer reading adventure, as well as a full schedule of incredible virtual events all summer long.
Need some reading inspiration? Check out these recommended book lists from Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
We'll be back next month with a new reading challenge for you. Until then, stay cool and keep reading!